Mama Bevy's Blog











Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Lurking

My friend Gail wrote about "lurking"-reading blogs but not commenting. She didn't approve of lurkers. Today I am a lurker. I want to find out what has been going on in other peoples' world but I haven't got the imagination or unction to say anything wise or witty or humorous. I guess I could say "Hi, I just read your blog" but that is extremely boring so I choose to "lurk". Isn't half our life a lurking experience. If we sit in a restaurant or on a bus and overhear a conversation, we don't walk up to people and say, "You made a good point there while you were talking to your friend and I just wanted to say that I admire your wit and wisdom." No, we are silent lurkers. Tomorrow I may choose to comment on your blogs, but for today I'm that silent lurker. Are you miffed Gail????? ARE YOU!!!