Mama Bevy's Blog











Thursday, March 03, 2005

Righteousness

I'm so glad righteousness is a free gift. He gave me HIS goodness. Free exchange policy, I give HIM my crud and He gives me HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS!! Couldn't ask for a better deal than that!! I was just teaching on sexual abuse. The course explains the circumstances that make sexual abuse possible so it contains film clips of yucky stuff and information people need to know. I know the information is important for workers to know and it give them grace for the hurting, but leaves a sort of "weight" or slimy residue on ME. I therefore have been reading on God's gift of right standing with HIM on HIS terms (freedom from yuck). When the power of righteousness (Christ in little old me) settles in, I REALLY feel like jumping for joy!! Can't think of ANYTHING that I need more in times of yuck. Guess I'll never write theology but freedom from yuck is a GOOD thing.