Mama Bevy's Blog











Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Smell of Heaven

On Sunday night Bob talked about the aroma of God. I had a very cool experience once that makes me believe that sometimes God lets us "smell" the smells of heaven. One Sunday night at a Celebration sevice at Burrows, God's presence was very near and "weighty" around me. I was worshipping with the thought in my heart about being able to pour out over Jesus as Mary did. I heard this loud CRACK and then smelled this beautiful aroma. I was asking people on both sides of me, "Do you smell that?" No they smelled nothing. The aroma was all around me and the weight of God's presence was so thick around me, I could hardly stand. I was being overwhelmed by the presence of God. Art came in at the end of the service and said my mom was in bad shape in the hospital and I would have to go home to Alberta. Mom passed on to Glory but God's presence was SO with me during this time. I was sustained by this special time with God.