Mama Bevy's Blog











Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Ranting on

I promised Judi my own Rant the other day. So here goes. I grew up on a farm and most Canadians have farming roots going back 3 or 4 generations. Cows were for milk, butter, cheese and meat. Pigs were for bacon, ham and pork. Chickens were for eggs and frying or roasting. Dogs were to keep the cattle in line and protect the farm. Cats were for keeping the mice population down in the barn. Heaven help any dog who took a liking to raw chicken meat . Bye-bye puppy. Every evening while I watch Jeapardy, I see an advertisement for this Beautiful new Humane Society building and it angers me. We have the child poverty capital of Canada, we have kids in Hotel rooms, we have street people who are cold and hungry. How did animals get up there with more status than human beings. I have friends and family who love their animals and take great care of them. This is all fine. But do we REALLY needing a state of the art building for housing lost pets??? What is wrong with a barn or wearhouse--we DO have many empty wearhouses in the city. Could some priorities be out of wack here?? I KNOW I am now p*ss*ng off many people but this is MY RANT!!