Mama Bevy's Blog











Sunday, January 23, 2005

Moms

I was inspired today by Erica's blog on mothers. My own Mother was "farmed out" at age 7-12 to a neighbor who needed someone to watch the cows. This affected her outlook on life as can be imagined. Her father was an alcoholic who was scary when drunk. There was abuse in her history. Mom heard about Jesus when she came to Canada (at age 16) with 2 siblings. I was born when she was 40 and until I heard her story, I didn't know she wasn't raised as a Christian. Mom definitely had some problems but she embraced God's love and care for her. This was the catalyst that sent me searching out God in my own life. It is amazing to me to know that ONE persons' decision to find God for themselves can affect a whole lineage for generations to come. She loved God and continued to learn of HIM all her life never resting on yesterdays teachings. She recognized the Holy Spirit even in different worship styles than she was used to. She was not a warm fuzzy type person but she knew Her God and spoke honestly (truthfully) to everyone in her company. She had a good sense of humor which I miss very much. She was a seeker of truth. It's good to remember these things.