Mama Bevy's Blog











Saturday, January 29, 2005

Saying goodbye

I was at a going away gig tonight. I HATE saying goodbye. Last year I took a journaling course and I wanted to skip the final week as I was sure there would be something about ending the course. I'm not sure why I hate the process of saying goodbye. We always say we'll keep in touch and I REALLY am good at keeping up with old friends, but there is something lost when we've lived in close proximity to someone that distance changes. I would rather run from the final goodbye than face them. Call me a coward but that's who I am. I experienced lots of goodbyes with kids that I cared a LOT for at the group home where I worked. Also throughout my life making moves. So to anyone that I run from rather than say goodbye it's not because I don't CARE but that I hate goodbyes.