Mama Bevy's Blog











Saturday, October 30, 2004

eclipse???

When I got a front row seat to an eclipse of the moon, (out an airplane window) made me wonder if there could be a lesson or two in it. Some thoughts:
--the wonder of nature it's self--seem like if science can define it and explain it then the wonder of nature in perfect harmony is stolen but the MIND.
--the moon, a reflection of the sun --when the EARTH gets in the way the moon can no longer be seen. This can be true of the reflection of the Son also, when earth gets in the way there is no reflection of the Son.
-- as the moon became more and more hidden, the part that shone out from the shadow looked brighter and brighter.
-- the most important personal memory for me was hearing on a previous eclipse, of people renting planes to see the eclipse from the air and saying to myself "Wouldn't that be wonderful to be able to see it from the air" It wasn't exactly a prayer--more like a wish or desire, I believe God heard. I didn't know there was an eclipse until an hour before I flew and my plane was 45 minutes late which put me in the air until the moon was completely ecliped by the earth. SOOO COOL!!