Mama Bevy's Blog











Thursday, September 09, 2004

California

I'm back. I really loved BC and California and even enjoyed the quick trip to Mexico. The weddings were beautiful but very different. One bride was 22 and the other 34 so that accounts for some of the differences. Each refected the values of the families. It was nice to be with family. I got to experience some SUMMER weather elsewhere. It was 90- 100 degrees F in California and Cheryl spent time rolling in the tides of the ocean. I spent time in the pool outside. The scenery was so-o-o beautiful but the experience of the sights, smells, and warmth can not be captured to bring home. Our balcony door was open day and night without a screen--NO BUGS!! WARMTH!!
It is so funny to see the "one window" thing in both BC and California. Here we have double windows and still have frost build up on the inside of our house. I heard upon my return that it had snowed in Alberta--a good "welcome home" for my Alberta family.