Mama Bevy's Blog











Saturday, October 02, 2004

the best day

The other day on a tv interview the host asked someone, "What was the best day of your life?" A very interesting question. So I asked myself, "What was the best day?" The first thing that came to mind was my 50th birthday. My kids put on a party and told me things that they appreciated. They also had family and friends write notes in a special little book. This was very meaningful to me. This was a sincere show of appreciation. THAT made it special.
My wedding day was a good day but I was young and had no idea of what I wanted from it. I just wanted to be married and get on with my life. A wedding was expected for a "nice" girl so we did the appropriate ritual. My sister and mom did most of the planning which was okay as I didn't know what I wanted. Our twenty fifth year anniversary was also a good day with friends and family. I quess when you come down to it, family and friends are what make any time a special time.