Mama Bevy's Blog











Saturday, May 27, 2006

Hostage or Captivated by love

I woke up this morning with the word "hostage" in my mind, so I went to the computer to look up the meaning and examples of it's use. After thinking on this for a while, I wondered how closely this is related to being captivated (positively) by someone or something. Is it just a matter of heart attitude toward the subject. To take a hostage, someone is sought out, grabbed and used against their will. To be truely captivated, someone must seek you out and know you, your likes and dislikes, the meaning of your expressions, your deepest desires and thoughts of your heart.
As a child, was I a captivated lover of God or a hostage to religious teaching
As a teenager was I captivated by the love of a young man or a hostage to the IDEA of marriage or both.
As a mom, I AM aware that there were days that I was a hostage to the job of parenting and other days that I was captivated by the sweet adorable wonderous gifts of the children God gave me.
As a employee am I a hostage to the JOB or a willing captive to the calling God has on my life.
ATTITUDE does matter!! In every area of my life I want to be CAPTIVATED by LOVE. Take away all that HINDERS love.