Mama Bevy's Blog











Sunday, May 14, 2006

On a steep learning curve

This last month has been a learning month. Mostly about my own actions and reactions to things life brings my way. Probably the easiest way to sum up a whole lot of stuff is that "Perception is REALITY" at least until other BIGGER truth is added to the mix. I'm not sure exactly how change ACTUALLY takes place but allowing for change is a good thing.

I remember a long time ago... before Art and I had kids, we started playing volleyball with people in Thompson who KNEW how the game was supposed to be played. Both Art and I had played on Volleyball teams that were quite GOOD in high school but the way the THOMPSON teams played was much superior to the way we previously learned. So now we had a choice to make. Keep playing the way we HAD played or forget the past and RELEARN from scratch a whole new WAY. We felt like we were in kindergarden RELEARNING every move. Submitting to a new reality and being teachable paid off. We became better Volleyball players.

This same principle has been true in other areas of life. This last month has been kind of like that. Where my perception of the way to "DO" stuff has been off, I'm learning a whole new way of looking at some things. I can't see the whole picture yet but I AM experiencing a new REALITY.