Mama Bevy's Blog











Saturday, April 15, 2006

Good Friday

I went to the Presbyterian [?] church for Good Friday. They have a service every night here in Thompson during the Easter Week. The Savation Army lady led the service. Ther church was completely BLACKED out except for 11 candles. The 10 readings were about the sufferings of Christ and the suffering poor ---- Vineyardians would have LOVED it. After each reading they snuffed out a candle so the church was in darkness at the end except for the Christ candle. Then everyone was asked to leave in silence and go home in silence and contemplate what Christ did for us!! I would have followed the silence thing except a bunch of people came and asked me where I had been the last couple of weeks and, well, I HAD to tell them. OK -- I don't follow instructions real well. BUT it was a lovely service. Tonight it is at the Bible Chapel.