Mama Bevy's Blog











Thursday, May 26, 2005

Entertain me!!

Another rant from me. I hope I'm not becoming a crochety old lady-- BUT-- I turned the TV on last week and saw the beginning of the Gala event for the Queen. Buffy Saint Marie was singing a song about 'no more war' and it angered me. I thought, "I didn't elect you to speak for my country internationally. Whether I agree with you or not, it just isn't your place to have such a strong voice to proclaim your views. Who GAVE you this platform?? This is supposed to be an entertaining evening for the Queen and her crew and the country. Get off the stage!!" With that I changed channels and left the Gala in a huff and watched some mindless drival. I'm not sure why this hit me as SO wrong. I like Buffy Saint Marie. I usually enjoy this kind of Canadian programming. But this particular evening I felt like we need someone who we actually VOTED IN to speak for us and not someone who gets to speel off whatever they think because they have a stage.