Mama Bevy's Blog











Thursday, December 02, 2004

Life Changes

I've been thinking a lot about the life changes we go through. In adolescence we decide who we are and how we are going to act and react in life. We decide what is acceptable, funny and permissible. In adult life we decide how we are going to raise our kids, do business, what kind of hobbies and recreation we will engage in. We decide the 'pay off' in volunteering, both for others and ourselves. We know what importance we place on money. We contribute to society with time, energy and finances. As we get past child rearing years, we once again need to reinvent ourselves--almost like in adolescence. What do we contribute to others. Energy is low. More time is spent just doing the everyday tasks of life. More time is spent resting than contributing to others. Who am I now that I'm not a high energy contributing member of society? I need to find my value to myself and to others. Back to the same decisions I was making in adolescence. Is this the circle of life???