Mama Bevy's Blog











Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The Best I Knew How

Do any of us wake up one morning and say, " I think today I will make a decision that will mess up the rest of my life. A really really stupid decision that will hurt everyone I love and make their lives miserable". I think we ALL try to do the BEST that we can do for ourselves and for others. The best we can do may not be what others expect of us. The best we can do may not even be what WE WISH we could do but it is ALL we can do at that particular time. We make decisions that we believe are good decisions at the TIME we make them. Looking backward in time, when time has passed and we grow, we may THEN say ---"What a dumb decision that was". At the time the decision WAS MADE, it was still the BEST choice we could make. We can learn from the past, but we can't re-live it. We can become wiser and make different choices later on, but what is done is done. Personally I think I live with TOO MUCH regret as I am a "reflector" by nature. I ask questions like, "should I","would I", "could I", have done it better. The truth of the matter is I did the best I could.