Mama Bevy's Blog











Monday, August 23, 2004

God is Good

I'm going to Vancouver to a wedding tomorrow (Tuesday) and then I'm going to SanDiego to another Wedding. I woke up this morning worried about not having a Cd walkman to take my music and tapes that have sustained me the last two years. Then before I was even fully awake I could "hear" the most important ideas that I've been learning, running through my mind and heart. Wow these things are in my "SPIRIT" or in HIS SPIRIT which is in my spirit. Now I've been a Christian since I was three and have memorized tons of scripture, read the Bible through a bunch of times, gone through Sunday school programs, worked in all kinds of church and camping programs all my life ---BUT GOD IS TEACHING ME SOMETHING ENTIRELY NEW---again. So I've got to let go of the" old" to learn the new--be teachable. This doesn't scare me as much now as it did the first time I felt stripped of " old stuff" Foundations are firm and clean and clear but Gods' winds keep changing and moving. I don't CARE how OLD I am I refuse to miss out on what HE IS DOING!! There is always a cost in moving forward but I'm willing to pay it as I MUST BE where HE is--anything less is just form or religion. There is a lot of talk about God moving on the Youth and maybe in this earthly realm, I'm old but in heaven's time I'm just a babe---I REFUSE to let anyone tell me that I can't walk in ALL THE NEW THINGS THAT GOD WILL BRING---TILL I LEAVE THIS EARTH.!!! God is a Good God