Mama Bevy's Blog











Wednesday, August 18, 2004

my first blog!

I've had a very unusual summer. I had taken the month of June off from my job and then decided half way through the month, that I needed to give a two week notice as I was not ready to go back to work. A whole summer off!! I've not had that since I was 13 before I could work off the farm. But of course the farm had more work than a "job"has, so maybe this is my first summer off since I was an infant. Of course, when I was parenting, I technically had time off but as much as I loved parenting-- this is NOT time off.
What did I do??
I taught child care in two communities
I spent time reading and nurishing my soul and spirit
I read blogs and commented on them
I listened to many many CD's, teaching and music (supplied by a dear friend)
I travelled to different places
I cooked for Art so he didn't starve to death while I was gone
I entertained some great friends (some came in the form of relatives)
I started walking a few times a week
I played with grandkids more

I've decided my life was off balance so I am trying to restore some kinds of balance that I can live with. Less tv, more reading, less sitting, more movement, a mixture of serious listening to others, time for myself with no GUILT attached. The telephone WILL NOT rule my life. It's been great. Our bills are paid. (Visa is higher than I'd like) but it's been a great summer and it isn't over!!!