Mama Bevy's Blog











Sunday, March 04, 2007

VDAY

I went to see the Vagina Monologue tonight here in Thompson. It was serious and funny and entertaining and thought provoking but something still doesn't quite sit right with me. The friend that I went with was wondering what we would think if guys did something like what was done?? I laughed and reminded her that we always said men THINK with their appendage. I feel sort of sad. I don't think there is any other body part that has been so repeatedly and violently attacked. As they reminded up tonight, attacks on the women during and after wars always include rape. Is it because it brings new life that the vagina is so maligned? Is it because we are talking of something sacred? I still don't know WHY but somthing about the monologue doesn't feel ok.