Mama Bevy's Blog











Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Same Line of Decision Making

I remember my friend Rebecca struggling with the fact that some decisions were made for career advancement. I've been thinking about decisions that I made that affected my family. I could justify my decision because it was in someone else's best interest BUT WAS IT RIGHT.

I'm thinking of a move we made that was extremely difficult for all our kids. A "man of the cloth" who had some nasty habits was exposed and charged with grevious offenses. I knew that the people where he served would be judged and ridiculed mercilessly. We were asked at the same time to go to this community. I said yes to this move as I wanted to stand beside friends during this difficult time. This turned out to be a terrible experience for our kids. Until last week, I had never questioned this decision. Now I wonder about it. Was I hearing the "WILL OF THE FATHER" or was I acting in someone elses best interest inadvertantly hurting my kids. I know my kids will forgive me and have survived and God has been gracious to them but was it necessary?? Was it God's perfect, good, acceptable will?? I don't know.