Mama Bevy's Blog











Sunday, November 06, 2005

Friday and Saturday

Friday I went to pick up something for Art that I had seen the previous week. Unfortunately the shop is closed until Tuesday and I leave on Tuesday so I must find him something else. Rebecca is still ill, so I volunteered to help her friend Lisa put together a dinner for the volunteer people who set up and take down their church weekly as they use a school for services. I like the idea of honoring the unseen workers who generally go unnoticed.

Saturday Lisa picked me up at 9:30 and we went to a huge store like Costco called the Ven. It had two floors of goods. The difference between this store and Costco was that they had a wine shop and beer vendor. Of course many of the products were Dutch or European. The cheese shop had the best place to stop and taste stuff. It is hard to believe there are so many types of cheese. When we got to Lisa’s there were no carts to haul her load up to their suite so Charlie went across a passage way to an adjoining building and nabbed 3 carts from their building. Charlie and Lisa’s parking space was a double-decker affair where you drive into your space and then lift your car up so someone can park under you.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We put together a nice dinner of potato salad, hamburgers and sausage with cheese cake for dessert.I convinced them that I would rather not meet a bunch of new people and that I just wanted to help out so I left before the festivities. We brought Rebecca firewood so we lounged before her fire and watched “Strictly Come Dancing” to see which couple would get knocked out of the competition this week. I will miss this show. It is such fun!! Rebecca fell asleep but I waited up to see who got the lowest score from the phone in audience. Alas Fiona is gone!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com