Mama Bevy's Blog











Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Brooke and other grandbabies

I want to describe to you what it is like to come to Rebeeca's house. The houses are all side by side like yours only with no spaces between them. The side walk is RIGHT under the windows up against the buildings. Cars park partly on the sidewalk and partly on the street. So there is about a 2 foot path to walk on. The side walk is a shade of redish brown cobble stones. The street is narrow like your back alley only made of cobble stones that are brown. Next there are red brick paths that are for bicycles. Then more parked cars and sidewalks up against the windows on the OTHER side of the street. The other morning a garbage truck as big as ours came down this NARROW STREET!! The garbage men appeared at the window to throw garbage just as I was walking into the living room, wearing my PJ's, and carrying my morning coffee. They were SO CLOSE just across the room, outside the window that it scared me, and I yelled "ahhh" and spilled some of my coffee!! I'm not used to having anyone so close to my window.
It is nice that the foot paths and bike paths and car paths are all a different colors so you know which one to go one. Many families do not have cars so they ride bikes to school and church and shopping and carry things home in back-packs or in bike bags
That's all for now. LOve you all. Grandma-mama.