Mama Bevy's Blog











Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saturday Day 4

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I slept in this morning then chatted with Rebecca and her dad (on the phone) and then slept again. We are planning a down day today. The dog Rebecca has been 'dog sitting' is now on his way home with his owners, Lisa and Charlie. They were in Berlin and returned last night. Let me think a minute about the differences between here and home.
The weather changes very quickly from lovely to rainy and back again.
Everyone seems to own a dog and take it everywhere with them.
There are a million bikes per million people. EVERY toddler to senior owns and rides a bike.
The bikes are parked by the TRAM (hear that Rebecca) tram station. It literally is a half acre of bikes all stashed together. How they find their own in that pile is beyond me. I can't even find my CAR in a parking lot half the time!!
There are little shops on narrow streets, not big stores in and around a mall. I can't believe these narrow street are TWO WAY streets. Drivers park on both sides of the street with cars parking either way so you can have two cars parked facing each other.
I think I've seen 5 or 10 different smart cars in this small area of town every time I've gone out. I think we have like 3 in all of Winnipeg. I've hardly seen any mid-size cars but then they probably couldn't pass each other on these streets.
Enough for now. I'm going to drink tea by the fireplace!! Bye