Mama Bevy's Blog











Monday, January 29, 2007

New teaching

I LOVE the gentle way God deals with me. HE is so INCREDIBLY kind. I would be SO VERY merciless if someone took as long I do to figure things out.
I heard on the way to Alberta just a short sentence ,"This is a natural relationship" (meaning to me ... the friendship that I have with my childhood friend) My response "Oh" Now how brilliant is that!!!
On the way home Art and I were talking about how we made decisions in our lives. I said "For me decisions were made on the basis of relationship" ( like what is good for Art, my kids, my friends etc). Now doesn't that sound self-less?!? PPFFFFF--- That night I heard " I came to do the will of the FATHER!" Oh my goodness!! Totally wrong again.
A song came to mind "Lord let me live from day to day in such a self forgetful way that even when I kneel to pray, my prayer would be for others. Others, Lord yes others, let this my motto be. Help me to live for others that I might live like thee." Now this song would be lovely if it were only true. Jesus DID NOT live for others. HE lived to do the will of the Father.
Once more my nice little "do gooder religious" world needs to be smashed to line up with what is TRUTH.