Mama Bevy's Blog











Tuesday, July 26, 2005

More about "LET"

I'm still on the let idea. I believe I learned in English class when someone says "Do not do (something)", the subject of that sentence is YOU. So in this case this could read "YOU guys-- do not LET your hearts be troubled or afraid" Good advice, but give me a clue on HOW to do this. In the context it was given, Jesus tells His guys He's going away to build houses for them--then coming back.
I watch "The Alamo" last week. This is a goup of guys trying to "hold the fort" waiting for reinforcements to rescue them. (John Wayne was even there playing Davy Crockett). Sometimes life feels like in "hold the fort" mode and I hear "Do not LET"----Whoa give me some more clues on the HOW level.
One thing I DID see in this passage on the HOW level is, " PEACE I leave you: MY (own)peace I now give and bequeath to you." The most profound experience I've had with THIS peace was when my mom passed away. I was held and lifted by this for about 3 weeks. It was amazing!!
HOW do I access (LET) this SAME peace keep me on the other stuff?? Back to the text once more.