Mama Bevy's Blog











Monday, July 25, 2005

LET

I've been reading John and one little word stood out for me. "Do not "LET" your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated)" .---Amplified.
If I said to a kid "Don't let the cat in", there are some pre-supposed ideas. There is indeed a cat. There is desire on the part of the kid (or cat) to COME in. There is a way of NOT letting the thing in.
When it comes to NOT LETTING in trouble (distress, agitation), there MUST also be some pre-supposed ideas. There IS trouble, these troubles could, in fact, come in or stay out. There must be a way of NOT Letting them in or SOMEONE wouldn't tell us "DO NOT LET"
Further down this same passage is another add-on to the DON'T LET, "Do not let your hearts be troubled neither LET THEM BE AFRAID (stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and distrubed: and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled)" --Amplified again. Soooooo I'm on a quest to find out how not to LET these things in. I'm sure there are other clues in this chapter...... so off I go!!