Mama Bevy's Blog











Thursday, December 07, 2006

In a days work

This morning I had a bunch of things to deal with including:

  • Christmas party - how many people would be here. We need to borrow tables and chairs
  • Did the parking lot get cleared
  • Time sheets need to go south to head office
  • Petty cash is out of wack - where are the receipts??
  • Somebody's sick time - do they have enough time to cover 2 days off
  • Someone is coming to do a volunteer shift -What was her name again?

In the middle of answering these questions, I phoned the south to ask a question from our payroll officer. The conversation went like this "Hi Sandee, Hmmm I have no idea why I called you but I needed an answer to a very important question that I couldn't figure out myself...........give me a second to think over my morning (nervous laughter) Oh yes, I needed to know if.............." This is NOT good! Thank goodness I remembered before I looked like a a complete idiot!! I USED to be a multitask Queen; nowI'm a multitask Joker! Like the admin assistant here tells me I need to write it all down. A lesson I may learn tomorrow.