Mama Bevy's Blog











Saturday, October 14, 2006

Nothing as exciting

My friend Rebecca is a Grandmother!! My older sister and brother just became Grandparents this year. I don't think there is any other thing that happens to us as older people as exciting as this experience. Anything else pales in comparison to seeing that new little life come into the world. It seems to complete the circle of life. I was excited when my own kids were born but I think I was too young to understand the magnificence and complexity of the human spirit. I learned as I parented how beautiful and unique each child was. The gift of being able to discover the wonders of a little person is now amazing to me. What makes them smile or laugh? What makes them cry? All things to discover along the way. What are their gifts and abilities? What are their burdens? A new life full of potential and wonder. Exciting isn't it?