Mama Bevy's Blog











Thursday, October 05, 2006

Is it winter yet??

The weather in the north definately affects how I feel. When we have a cool morning in October the south, we know it will warm up again. Yesterday I was scraping frost off my car window and I thought, well this is it -- six months of cold weather. In case you think this is just MY PERSONAL thinking, the pastor said on Sunday, "It's October first and we haven't seen snow, Praise the Lord!!"

I've had to put away my sandals and resort to socks and shoes. Yuck!! Then there is the ever boring winter jacket or jackets. Even if you have 3 or 4 by spring it is "same old - same old thing" You may as well have pj's on under it for no one EVER sees anything but your ratty old jacket ALL winter. I moved up here in January and survived so I know I'll make it again but it is so sad to see the warm weather leave us.