Mama Bevy's Blog











Thursday, January 26, 2006

Birthday fun

Having a birthday away from family means you get LOTS AND LOTS of phone calls. I figured the following day that I should really keep track of everyone that called. That was a nice LONG list. Thanks to all of you for remembering!! I went out for breakfast with some old friends from Thompson and for supper with a friend from Wabowden. I am enjoying my job. It is like riding a bike ... you just get back on and ride. I'm meeting Thompson people in "like minded" jobs. Tomorrow is another meeting, this time with AFM.

This is a small town even if it is a city. I was laughing last Saturday about a traffic jam with 6 or 7 cars on the corner of Canadian Tire and Liquor mart. Anyone who has ever been here would recognize just the corner I mean!! Some guys with big trucks were revving their motors in a big hurry to go nowhere. It takes 5 minutes to go anywhere and 15 minutes to tour the whole town. What is their hurry? Anyway it's been fun here.